Thank You for Joining Us At 2016 CFOT!
Since February of 1995, WORC has raised compost facility operator technical knowledge and sound operating techniques, through the annual Compost Facility Operator Training. WORC also provided this curriculum to the US Composting Council – it’s the model all other US trainings are based on.
The training is 5 full days at the Washington State University Puyallup Research and Extension Center. The current curriculum consists of classroom training, hands on interactive sessions, field trips, and a written examination. Topics covered include:
- Compost Use in Agriculture and Horticulture
- Biology of the Compost Pile
- Feedstock Recovery and Preparation
- Odor Management and Response
- Sampling and Testing
- Compost Quality
- Compost Facility Management
Who should attend
- Compost facility operators & managers
- On-farm compost processors & end users
- Waste management consultants & professionals
- Agricultural extension service staff
- Environmental/Health agency staff
- Composting/Recycling association professionals
- Equipment vendors
- Public officials
WORC's CFOT training fulfills the requirements of WAC 173-350-220 and Washington State Department of Ecology Wastewater Certification Program (2.9 Specific CEU's). For other programs, contact the program of interest and explain that you want to obtain CEU's. They may need to review some of the training materials (agenda, instructor bios, etc.) in order to approve CFOT and determine the amount of CEU's. If they need verification of your CFOT attendance, you will have a certificate you can copy and send to them, or they may contact WORC for verification.
WORC reserves the right to photograph and/or videotape the proceedings at the CFOT Program and to use the images for educational and promotional activities without compensation.