WORC provides compost facility operator technical knowledge and promotes sound operating techniques through its annual Compost Facility Operator Training. This training meets Washington State's regulatory requirement for training for compost supervisors [WAC 173-350-220(4)(a)(vi).
The training consists of 5 days of classroom training, hands on interactive sessions, field trips, and a written examination.
Topics covered include:
- Compost Use in Agriculture and Horticulture
- Biology of the Compost Pile
- Feedstock Recovery and Preparation
- Odor Management and Response
- Sampling and Testing
- Compost Quality
- Compost Facility Management
Click here for more information.
Early Bird WORC Member (Ends 8/31) - $820
Early Bird Non-Member (Ends 8/31) - $880
WORC Member - $870
Non-Member - $930
Washington State University (WSU) - Training held in the Allmendinger Center.
2606 W Pioneer Ave Puyallup, WA 98371
Who should attend:
- Compost facility operators & managers
- On-farm compost processors & end users
- Waste management consultants & professionals
- Agricultural extension service staff
- Environmental & Health agency staff
- Composting/Recycling association professionals
- Equipment vendors
- Public officials